Now in its third year, the Aurora Prize, which is presented by the Aurora Humanitarian Initiative on behalf of the survivors of the Armenian genocide, comes with a $100,000 grant and a $1 million cash award that can be shared with an organization or organizations of the recipient’s choice. Aung, who was recognized for his efforts to secure equality, education, and human rights for the Rohingya people in Myanmar, will donate his award to the London branch of Médecins Sans Frontières, Malaysian Medical Relief — MERCY Malaysia, and the Swiss and U.S. offices of the International Catholic Migration Commission.
Home » Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity Awarded to Kyaw Hla Aung
- Ftx Is In Discussions To Raise Up To $1 Billion At An Estimated Valuation Of $32 Billion, In Line With Its Previous Round
- President Joe Biden to nominate Michael Barr as Fed bank regulator in second attempt to fill the post
- U.S. Stocks suffer their largest weekly outflow in 11 weeks
- Goldman Sachs To Lift Vaccination, Covid-19 Requirements In Most Offices Next Month
- Cryptocurrency Prices Crash Again – Bitcoin Drops Below $22,000