Now in its third year, the Aurora Prize, which is presented by the Aurora Humanitarian Initiative on behalf of the survivors of the Armenian genocide, comes with a $100,000 grant and a $1 million cash award that can be shared with an organization or organizations of the recipient’s choice. Aung, who was recognized for his efforts to secure equality, education, and human rights for the Rohingya people in Myanmar, will donate his award to the London branch of Médecins Sans Frontières, Malaysian Medical Relief — MERCY Malaysia, and the Swiss and U.S. offices of the International Catholic Migration Commission.
Home » Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity Awarded to Kyaw Hla Aung
- Hp stock skyrockets as Billionaire Warren Buffet reveals a $4.2 Billion Stake in the latest buying spree.
- The Federal Reserve’s Kashkari says the central bank must follow its monetary policy guidelines.
- The Fed’s Mary Daly says rate hikes should continue until inflation is tamed.
- Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan says nothing will slow U.S consumers from spending money.
- JPMorgan investors have disapproved