A lot of companies are looking into sensitivity trainings as discussions about workplaces inequalities and lack of diversity increase lately. A sensitivity training is when someone comes to your office to teach people about white Read More
Those in leadership roles have a lot of pressure on them to perform well and also be seen as inspirational to fellow coworkers. If you’re looking to get into a more managerial position, here are some tips on how you can then lead that team by example.
- Understand and exhibit a strong knowledge of your industry and company.
- Respect chain of command.
- Take in your team’s feedback.
- Take responsibility for any issues that pop up.
- Don’t micromanage your team.
If you recently got promoted to a management role, you might be a little stressed. You’ll have people reporting to you for the first time, and no one wants to go down in their employment history as that bad manager that ruined their career.
Here are a few ways you can do a great job as a first-time manager:
- Check in one team members one-on-one.
- Don’t offload your work onto your team.
- Lead by example.
- Know when to delegate tasks.
- Recognize that your relationship to coworkers will change.